The LG G Pro Lite will be the first LG smartphone to come with BBM out-of-the-box.
After hiring John Sims on Tuesday, BlackBerry on Wednesday announced it was hiring James Mackey and Mark Wilson
Please read this important updated information about the latest release:
Twitter version 10.2.2 has been removed from BlackBerry World due to user reported issues. We are actively investigating and will provide an update here when Twitter 10.2.2 has been reposted.
If you have downloaded the 10.2.2 version and are experiencing issues please follow these steps to downgrade:
- On the home screen, hold the Twitter icon until the X appears. Press the X to delete the application.
- Open BlackBerry World.
- In BlackBerry World go to Settings by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Select -> General -> Refresh BlackBerry World.
- Search for Twitter in BlackBerry World
- Install Twitter version 10.2.1
The Holidays are an important time for communicating. Whether you’re checking in with loved ones, or staying connected with friends around the globe, we’ve updated the Twitter app for BlackBerry 10 to make it that much better. Designed to be the best way to stay connected to Twitter on your BlackBerry 10 device, the Twitter app for BlackBerry 10 v10.2.2 comes packed with new features:
Twitter v 10.2.2 Highlights:
- Home Timeline Photo Preview – Tweets with Twitter photos let you be part of the moment. Image thumbnails are now displayed on the Home timeline for all pic.twitter.com images – just tap the image to reveal the full screen version.
- BBM™ Connected – If you love BBM and Twitter, you’ll love this update. Now Tweet and update your BBM™ status at the same time.
- Reply within Tweets – It’s now easier to reply to Tweets with a built-in Tweet composer that appears when you tap to see details of a Tweet.
- Improved Search – Now relevant accounts will appear in search after you enter your query.
- Report spam or abuse by clicking on the Tweet details screen.
This release also features performance improvements to help you access your content faster.
Be sure to download Twitter for BlackBerry 10 and let us know what you think in the comments.
Twitter version 10.2.2 is available globally for handsets running BlackBerry 10 version 10.0 or higher.
*Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for releases of new app versions to appear on BlackBerry World.
Brick Breaker Bold (BETA) has been remixed for more intense smashing action. Defend your home from rampaging space hooligans. Check out the throwback graphics, fun powerups and challenging new levels!
It’s been modernized and engineered with the latest web technology, Brick Breaker Bold (BETA) unleashes the power of the BlackBerry 10 WebEngine.
So make the most of your #ThrowbackThursday and grab this fan favorite, BrickBreaker for BlackBerry 10, in BlackBerry World today!
Welcome to downhill racing on Piggy Island! Feel the rush as you fling those freewheeling birds and piggies down the track at breakneck speed ñ with plenty of twists and turns in a thrilling race to the finish line! But beware! Look out for hazardous roads, mischievous opponents riding your tail and special powers to put the race leader behind the pack. Plus, go from soapbox car to supercar by upgrading your ride! Ready Set Angry Birds Go!
- FIRST-EVER 3D ANGRY BIRDS WORLD! See the birds and pigs from every angle as Piggy Island comes alive in this rich and colorful 3D world!
- RACE AS THE BIRDS OR PIGS! Jump behind the wheel and race as Red, Chuck, Terence, Stella, King Pig, Moustache Pig and many other favorites!
- MASTER THE TRACKS! Plenty of racetracks, stunt roads, air courses and off-road races ñ each throwing big and unexpected challenges your way!
- AWESOME SPECIAL POWERS! Smash your opponents off the road and take that winning position thanks to unique special powers for each character!
- MANY GAME MODES! Test your skills with super-fun and surprising game modes: Race, Time Boom, Fruit Splat, Champion Chase and Mega Match!
- UPGRADE YOUR RIDE! From a homemade soapbox car to a super-fly supercar, with tons of karts and awesome ways to upgrade ñ yours to earn or purchase!
- MUCH MORE TO COME! The race has only just begun ñ so look out for many more fun things coming your way!
- TELEPODS! A groundbreaking new way to play! Now teleport your favorite characters into the race by placing your Angry Birds Go! TELEPODS* figures on your deviceís camera!
Angry Birds Go! from Rovio is now available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 and Blackberry 10.
US president on why he is sometimes seen with a bulky super secure BlackBerry.
BlackBerry investor, Fairfax Financial's Prem Watsa said: "John's committed for the long haul, he's an exceptional leader, he's going to do very well."
BlackBerry has announced clients of its mobile device management services have grown by roughly 20 percent.
You may have noticed, that somethings have changed around here. Let me be the first to welcome you to the newly re-designed Inside BlackBerry blogs. Inside BlackBerry is the official blog for BlackBerry Ltd.
This project has been a labour of love for all of the editors and designers here, and our focus has been to better serve you, our readers. We’ve not only completed a visual upgrade that offers a cleaner, more functional design, but, we’ve changed the way our content is organized, as well, making it easier for you to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Showcasing our blogs:
You may or may not have been aware, but here at BlackBerry, we have four distinct blogs each with its own content focus:
- Inside BlackBerry (IBB) – Consumer products and corporate news
- Help Blog (Help) – Support, Tips and How-To’s
- Developer Blog (Dev Blog) – Develop apps for the BlackBerry ecosystem
- Business Blog (Biz Blog) – Enterprise, case studies and B2B focus
Before, these sister blogs were buried at the bottom of our layout and not easy to discover. Now they’re all easily accessible and showcased at the top. Navigating between our blogs to get what you’re looking for has never been easier.
We’ve taken a more editorial approach to the design and have organized our content into categories at the top. On IBB, for example, you’ll see:
- Apps & Games
- Media & Entertainment
Navigating to one of these categories will show you only posts on that topic. So, whether you’re looking for the latest Apps & Games news, or BBM updates you can simply select the category and see all related posts.
We wanted to make sure that our blogs looked beautiful on any screen, so we’ve made the design responsive, so that it scales with whatever device you’re using. If you land on a smartphone, tablet, or large desktop monitor, you’ll find that the content and layout suits the size of your screen.
Well, we hope you enjoy the new look and feel of the official BlackBerry blogs. Remember, we’ve made these changes with you in mind, so please share your feedback with us in the comments. I can’t wait for you to start exploring the new layout.
On behalf of the entire editorial team, thank you for reading.
I would like to give a very big shout out and thanks to the Thrillworks team, who designed and implemented this fantastic new look and feel from the ground up.